What is PGIMER?
PGIMER stands for the Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research. PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 is like AIIMS, JIPMER, and PGI Chandigarh Nursing Entrance Exam 2020, which also do not fall under NEET-PG. The institute conducts its own entrance exam for students to get admissions into postgraduate (PG) medical studies and education.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh was established in 1962 with the objective of providing medical education of the highest standard in India. It has been declared as an "Institute of Importance" by an Act of Parliament and it was in the second position in the 2018 NIRF medical list. Through PGIMER Exam, Admissions for the following will be open,
- MD - Doctor of Medicine or MS - Master of Surgery.
- MDS- Master of Dentistry or OHS - House Job
- M.Sc./ M.Sc. MLT - Medical Lab Technology.
- DM/M.Ch. - Master in Chirurgical/Superspeciality in Hospital Administration.
- The admission through PGIMER Entrance Exam takes place biannually- once in January and the other in July. Candidates who are interested in getting admission into any one of the courses which are MDS, M.Sc/M.Sc MLT, DM/M.Ch, MD, etc in the PGIMER, Chandigarh are expected to appear for the PGIMER Exam which is an admission test or an entrance test for all these courses. Candidates first need to check the eligibility criteria for the PGIMER Exam and then apply for the same by going to the official website of the PGIMER. The PGIMER Result will be declared after the exam on the official website and then counselling rounds will be commenced. Interested candidates can find more about the PGIMER Exam below.
Give below are the highlights of the PGIMER Exam. Continue reading this article to get a complete picture of the exam.
PGIMER 2020 Highlights
|Exam Full Name
||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam
||Online - Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Medium / Language
PGIMER 2020 Exam Dates
The official dates for PGIMER MD/MS July 2020 Session have been announced by the conducting authority.
- Registration Dates: The application forms for MD/MS courses are available from March 17, 2020. The last date to apply for the exam is April 26, 2020.
- PGIMER 2020 Exam Date: The exam will be conducted on June 14, 2020 in Online Mode (Computer Based Test).
- PGIMER 2020 Result Date: The result will be declared on June 22, 2020.
- To learn more about PGIMER Chandigarh Important Dates in a detailed manner visit PGIMER 2020 Exam Dates section.
PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the PGIMER should check the PGIMER Eligibility Criteria before applying. The general PGIMER Eligibility Criteria states that candidates should have MBBS from an Institute recognized by MCI and they should have completed their Internship. The candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign Nationals wanting to apply for the PGIMER will have to obtain permission from the MCI. Depending on each course PGIMER Chandigarh has framed the eligibility criteria. The PGIMER Eligibility Criteria details according to the various programs are discussed briefly below.
- Candidates must have an MBBS from a University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or in the progress of completion of the compulsory rotatory internship training on or before December 31st 2018 for January session, and June 30th 2020 for July session.
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Medical Registration Council.
MDS/ House Jobs (OHS)
- Candidates must be a graduate in Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from Punjab University recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Dental Council.
- Note: Candidates who have already finished House Job in any Hospital or an institute will not be eligible for House Job.
- Candidates should have completed MBBS or an equivalent from any University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates should have completed their degree on B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma from an Institution recognized by the Government of India.
PGIMER 2020 Registration
- Go to the official website of PGIMER, follow PGIMER 2020, and read the instruction before clicking on "Apply Now".
- Fill in the name, mobile number, and email ID to register and create a profile.
- After successful PGIMER registration, the Login-id & password will be displayed on the screen and will also be sent to the candidates' registered email-id.
- Candidates have to provide personal details like the father's name, mother's name, spouse's name (if any), Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Marital status.
- Academic/education details such as Qualifying Exam, Qualifying Subject, Month and Year of Admission, Marks obtained & Maximum Marks and Institution passed from etc, also should be entered.
- Candidates now have to upload their scanned passport size photograph, signature, other necessary certificates, in JPEG format.
- The last step of the registration process is the payment of fees. The Application fee can be paid by credit card /debit card, net banking, I-collect Service/ Bank challan of SBI Bank.
- The bank challan should be duly filled in the name of "Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh", in Power Jyoti Account.
- PGIMER 2020 application fee details are as follows. The fee given below is exclusive of transaction costs. Moreover, students with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) will be exempted from paying the fee.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Pattern
- Sessions: PGI Entrance Exam takes place in 2 sessions, in a year; once in January and the other in July every year. For the July session, the exam takes place in June and for the January session, it takes place in December.
- Mode: PGIMER 2020 will be an online test i.e Computer Based Test.
- Type: The paper is objective in nature i.e. it contains multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where candidates have to choose a single correct answer out of 5 choices.
- Marking Scheme: There will be a deduction of marks for incorrect answers.
- Medium: The paper will only be in the English language.