NEET 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It is a national-level entrance exam for admission into MBBS, BDS, AYUSH & other nursing courses provided by medical colleges/ universities in India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2023 exam on 7th May 2023. The candidates who want to seek admission in MBBS/ BDS and AYUSH programme in various reputed government and private medical colleges in India can apply through NEET scores. The admissions are also offered in the top Medical institution like AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC etc. In this article, we have provided complete information about NEET 2023 exam including application, exam date, eligibility, pattern, syllabus etc.
NEET 2023 Exam Dates
Given below is the official exam schedule of the NEET 2023 Examination:
|NEET 2023 Events
|Application form available
|Final date to submit the Application form
|Fee submit on the last date
|Application form correction
|3rd week to 4th week of March 2023
|NEET (UG) Admit Card
|4th week of April 2023
|NEET 2023 Exam Date
|7th May 2023
|1st week of June 2023
|Beginning of the counseling
|2nd week of June 2023
NEET Toppers 2023
NEET toppers list 2023 will be published by the conducting body after the exam results are declared. Candidates will be shortlisted on the toppers list based on the marks obtained, percentile score, and NEET All India Rank. The list will be updated here after the official release.
NEET 2022 Female Toppers
Take a look at the 20 female toppers of NEET 2022 in the table below.
ZEEL VIPUL VYAS
NUNI VENKATA SAI
MURIKI SREE BARUNI
ANUSHKA ANAND KULKARNI
PATEL HELLY MEHULBHAI
NEET 2022 Topper Tanishka Aims to Study in AIIMS Delhi
Tanishka belongs to a family of teachers, and has not only topped NEET 2022 but has also scored 9.50 percentile in JEE Main. She aspires to pursue MBBS from AIIMS Delhi and pursue a specialisation in Cardiology, Neurology or Oncology in her postgraduation.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Here are the details about the NEET Exam pattern :
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions out of which 180 questions are mandatory. In the section B, choices will be given to candidates.
- Type of Questions: The question will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration: The duration of the exam would be 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Medium: The NEET question paper 2023 will be in these languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi.
- Marking Scheme :Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Section wise exam pattern of NEET 2023 is given below:
|Number of Questions
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the NEET exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed by the Medical Council of India for classes 11th and 12th. Candidates can check some important topics of NEET syllabus from below.
Physics NEET Syllabus:
|Physics NEET Syllabus (11th)
|Physics NEET Syllabus (12th)
|Physical-world and measurement
|Laws of Motion
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
|Work, Energy, and Power
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
|The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body
|Properties of Bulk Matter
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
|Atoms and Nuclei
|The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Chemistry NEET Syllabus:
|Chemistry NEET Syllabus(11th)
|Chemistry NEET Syllabus(12th)
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
|Structure of Atom
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
|p- Block Elements
|d and f Block Elements
Biology NEET Syllabus:
|Biology NEET Syllabus(Zoology & Botany – class 11th)
|Biology NEET Syllabus (Zoology & Botany – class 12th)
|Diversity in Living World
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
|Genetics and Evolution
|Cell Structure and Function
|Biology and Human Welfare
|Biotechnology and Its Applications
|Ecology and environment
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET is one of the most challenging competitive entrance exams in India. Candidates need to follow proper schedule tips and strategies in order to clear the NEET-UG exam. Check some beneficial NEET preparation tips from below:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
NEET 2023 Application Form
Here are the details about NEET 2023 Application form filling procedure:
- The candidates who want to apply for the examination are required to fill out the application form from February 2023.
- Once the application opens, you have to fill the application form with correct details like name, address, etc.
- After filling out the form, click next and upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Candidates must submit the application form before March 2023, as no application form will be accepted after that date.
- Pay the application fee using a Debit/ Credit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
- Download, save and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference.
NEET Application Fee:
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- Candidates of the General Category will pay Rs.1600/-.
- Candidates of the General- EWS/ OBC-NCL will pay Rs.1500/-.
- Candidates of the SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category will pay Rs.900/-.
- For those candidates who are applying from outside India, the application fee is Rs.8500/-.
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges and GST.
- The application fee can be submitted online mode only through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit card, or UPI.
NEET Result 2023
The NEET result 2023 will be announced through online mode in 1st week of June 2023. To get NEET Results candidates will be required to enter their login details like- roll number and date of birth.
The result will be prepared according to the revised answer key released by the authority. The authority will not prepare the result category-wise. Candidates can take the printout of their results after the declaration of it. The NEET result will be considered by most of the medical colleges across the country for admission into UG programmes.
NEET Reservation 2023
There will be the provision of seat reservations for reserved category candidates. The seat will be reserved in all government-sponsored institutions, private colleges, and deemed universities.
NEET 2023 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is given below:
Scope of NEET 2023
The marks obtained from the NEET exam will be used to provide admissions to different medical seats and medical universities. The admissions will be granted to
- 15% All India Quota seats
- 85% state quota medical seats
- Different Central and deemed universities
- State, management, and NRI quota seats in private colleges
- Central pool quota seats
- Seats in private unaided, aided minority, and non-minority medical colleges
NEET Cut Off 2023
The NEET cut off will be announced for various categories including general, OBC, SC, and ST. The expected cut off for NEET 2023 exam will be at least around 640-650 marks to be on the safer side.
The cut-off will be released along with the declaration of result. It will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as marks scored, difficulty level of exam, rank, availability of seats etc. Admissions will be given to candidates as per the scored rank.