NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following NEET Eligibility Criteria before registering for exam:
Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
India Citizens & Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue UG medical course from foreign institutions are also need to qualify NEET UG.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats: Candidates belonging to UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self- Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for record and to present the same during counselling/admission. Other candidates can fill in any state/UT against this choice.
Age limit: Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination (5 year relaxation is given to SC, ST, OBC-NCL & PwD candidates).
Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th level or equivalent examination.
Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12th level must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as mandatory subject.
Percentage: Candidates in the 12th level must have secured minimum 50% marks for General & General-EWS categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET (UG).
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below NEET Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: NEET 2020 exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- No of questions: There will be total 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be total of 720 marks.
- Duration: NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check below distribution of no. of questions & marks for each subject:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus for UG courses is common syllabus prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India). Candidates can prepare from the syllabus of Class 11th& 12th topics studied in each subject. Check the detailed syllabus of NEET UG 2020 online.
NEET (UG) contain topics from Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. Some of the topics from each subject will be as:
Physics: It contain Laws of Motion, Electrostatic, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Properties of Bulk Matter, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, etc.
Chemistry: Topics are some basic concept of chemistry, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, p-Block Elements, etc.
Biology: Some basic topics are Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology & Environment, Cell Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the following details regarding NEET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates are able to fill NEET 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- You can fill one application form only. Filling of more than one application form will lead to cancellation of forms.
- The application form of NEET 2020 has been released from 2nd December 2019 by NTA.
- Last date to fill application form will be till 6th January 2020.
- Candidates must provide working phone number and email Id at the time of registration to get login credentials.
- Candidates must submit recent photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression & class 10th passing certificate in the prescribed format to avoid rejection of images later.
- There is no need to send the printout of application form to the board.
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- General Category: Rs.1500/-
General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: Rs. 1400/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender Category: Rs.800/-
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges & GST.
Mode of Payment: Candidates are able to pay the Application Fee through online mode. Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Paytm are available as online mode. No offline mode is available for fee payment.